Is there a deposit to pay?
There is an online payment of £100 Acceptance Fee which is payable during completion of you Accommodation Licence Pack.
This will convert to a pre-payment of the Accommodation Fee, and will be utilised as such on the first due date.
How do I pay my Accommodation Fees?
Your accommodation fees can be paid in one single payment or by a maximum three instalments in; October, January and April or May.
You are required to make the necessary arrangements for payment whilst completing the online Accommodation Licence Pack.
Enquiries regarding the payment of Accommdoation Fees can be made to Students Fees Office (Student Welcome Centre, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3FB). Tel: 01970 622043, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much is the acceptance fee / deposit?
When / how do I need to pay the acceptance fee / deposit?
The acceptance fee must be paid by the deadline date stated in your licence pack.
You can pay by credit / debit card using our secure online payment system which is within the Licence Pack.
You are required to keep the deposit at £100 throughout your Licence. Should your Deposit fall below the required amount then you will be asked by the Accommodation Office to make a top-up payment. To view your Deposit balance and make a payment you will be required to log into the Accommodation Portal.
How much does accommodation cost?
What happens if I can't / don't pay my accommodation fees?
Enquiries regarding the payment of Accommodation Fees can be made to the Student Fees Office (Student Welcome Centre, Penglais, Aberystwyth,SY23 3FB). Tel: 01970 622043, e-mail: email@example.com.
The University will adopt standardised collection procedures that encourages students to pay on time. However, if a student fails to honour agreements to pay, proportionate and fair action will be taken to encourage settlement of the debt and as a deterrent to others. This will include the imposition of like for like sanctions, referral of the debt to external collection agents and, as a last resort, action taken through the courts for the recovery of the debt.
Am I liable for my flatmates' rent if they don't pay?
Our Licences are not joint and several so you are only liable for your rent and no one else’s.
When / how will I get my deposit back?
Any remaining balance of your deposit will be refunded within 28 days after the end of your Licence Period, in order to comply with UUK Code. However, in order for your deposit to be returned, please ensure that you provide / update your UK bank account details before the end of your Licence.
You can do this by:
1. Log into your Student Record.
2. Select ‘Details’ under the Personal Menu.
3. Complete the ‘Bank Account Details’ section.
• That where there is any outstanding accommodation related debt the deposit balance will be off-set against it.
• That should any charges be made following your departure then these may be off-set against your deposit.
• That without your bank account details we are unable to make any refunds so please inform us of your bank account details by the end date of your Licence Period.
• That it is possible with prior arrangement, with the Student Fees Office, to make international bank transfers; however a charge of £20.00 will be deducted from the deposit to cover additional bank charges.
If you have any queries then please don’t hesitate to contact the Student Fees Office - 01970 622043 / firstname.lastname@example.org.