£650 a year Music Scholarships are open to UK and international applicants
Application Form (closing date is 30 June 2022)
A great musical life is one of the strengths of Aberystwyth. Although Music degrees are no longer offered by the University, we still appreciate the importance of a vibrant musical community. Our provision offers all students the opportunity to play, learn, and enjoy music alongside their studies.
Music Scholarships (4 available annually) are intended for experienced musicians who can actively contribute to the University’s orchestras, bands, choirs and other ensembles. They are awarded on the basis of competitive audition to new entrants in any discipline (undergraduate or postgraduate) and held for the duration of the course.
- Free membership of all musical and affiliated ensembles (including orchestras, bands, etc.)
- Free use of practice, library and other appropriate facilities
- Guaranteed accommodation in a University managed property for the duration of the course*
* In order to secure your guaranteed place in a University managed property, you must apply for accommodation for the following academic year within dates advertised by the Accommodation Office for returning students.
How to apply:
- Students must have applied to the University and hold Aberystwyth as their Firm choice.
- Completed and submit the application form by 30 June 2022.
- If invited, applicants must be available to audition at a mutually convenient time.
- Scholarships are available to eligible instrumentalists or singers from all countries, as set out in the regulations.