Need somewhere to live during the summer (June - September)? If you will be a registered student at Aberystwyth University then look no further as we provide Aberystwyth University (AU) accommodation during this time. So whether you are currently living in halls and want to extend your stay or whether you are currently living in private sector housing then summer accommodation is available for you!
Applications for summer accommodation are due to open at 9.00am Monday 25th April 2022
University summer accommodation for 2022 will be in:
Cwrt Mawr Price Band 1 (which is a self-catered residence, with single rooms). The weekly cost is £95.41(£13.63 nightly rate). The availability for this accommodation will be from the 24th June 2022 to the 30th September 2022.
Rosser (which is a self-catered, en-suite residence, with single rooms). The weekly cost is £119.79 (£17.11 nightly rate). The availability for this accommodation will be from the 1st July 2022 to the 9th September 2022.
The weekly costs include, energy, internet/WiFi, a high level of personal contents insurance, and FREE Sports Centre Platinum Membership for your health and wellbeing.
University summer accommodation is only available for Aberystwyth University (AU) registered students.
How to apply
Applications open from 09.00am on Monday 25th April 2022
To request accommodation for the summer you will need to complete an online application form:
- Login to the Accommodation Portal as 'Current Student' using your Aberystwyth username and password.
- Select 'Book Summer Accommodation'
- Follow the instructions where you will need to select your room and requested dates of stay.
- Rooms are offered on a first come first served basis in date and time order of you successfully submitting your online accommodation application form. Priority is given to students continuing their study course over the summer period.
- We will aim to allocate students with the same length of stay together. Unfortunately, we are unable to facilitate any requests for friends to live together.
- Applications for summer accommodation will not be considered if you have an outstanding accommodation debt with AU or if you have been served with a ban from AU Residences during your term licence period.
- Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified on or before week commencing Monday, 09 May 2022. Therefore, please continue to check your AU e-mail account on a regular basis.
- Successful applicants will be sent an offer for summer accommodation by e-mail which will include details on how to complete the Summer Accommodation Licence Pack by the given deadline date. Access into summer accommodation will not be given without successful completion of this licence pack.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be given the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list should a vacancy become available.
What are my options if I graduate this year?
You will therefore no longer be a registered student.
If you are not an AU registered student you can try contacting the Conference Office for alternative accommodation. Alternatively, you can check local hotels/B&B's for their availability.
When can I move into summer accommodation?
Are you currently living in University accommodation?
If you are currently living in university accommodation then your summer accommodation will be available for you from when your term Licence Agreement ends.
Further details regarding moving into your summer accommodation will be sent to you by e-mail prior to your move, so therefore please continue to regularly check your AU e-mail account.
Are you currently living in the Private Sector?
If you are currently living in the private sector, then summer accommodation is available to you from 24th June 2022 for Cwrt Mawr and 1st July 2022 for Rosser. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you summer accommodation prior to these dates. If you do need accommodation prior to these dates, then please contact the Conference Office to check out our Bunkhouse availability.
Is there a minimum length of stay?
Minimum length of stay is 3 weeks.
When is summer accommodation available until?
Summer accommodation is available in Cwrt Mawr until 10.00am on Friday 30th September 2022, and in Rosser until 10.00am on Friday 9th September. Please note we will not be able to accommodate you within summer accommodation any later than the dates specified.
Further details regarding moving out arrangements will be provided to you upon arrival.
What if I am also going to be living in AU accommodation for academic year 2022/23? Can I stay until my term-time room is ready for me to move into?
Our term 2022/23 Accommodation Licence Agreement starts on Friday 23rd September 2022.
If you have secured a place in AU summer accommodation and have also secured a place in AU accommodation for academic year 2022/23, you can continue to live with us until your term accommodation becomes available, simply by selecting the appropriate dates on the application form.
How do I pay for summer accommodation?
As part of your Accommodation Licence Pack you will be required to pay a week's rent in advance and set up a payment plan in order to pay for the remainder of your summer accommodation fees. If you have any queries regarding payment of fees please contact the Student Fees Office email@example.com.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
An advance payment of one week's rent is required to secure summer accommodation which is payable during completion of your licence pack.
Details on advance payment refunds are available in the Accommodation Licence Agreement found within the Residents' Handbook.
Will there be any Inspections during my stay?
Inspections will continue to be carried out throughout the summer with further details being sent to you by the Residences Team. Further information regarding what inspections are, can be found on our webpage.