Mentors (Aber alumni and Career Professionals)
- Share your years of experience and knowledge
- Give students and early career graduates the benefit of what you have learned over the years to get where you are today
- Inspire students who lack confidence in pursuing career goals
- Stay connected and build a community of Aber grads who support and encourage each other
Become a mentor and you will provide support, job searching advice and career guidance for a current student or recent graduate who will benefit from your unique experience and skills. Sharing your knowledge will provide valuable insight for mentees, keep you connected to the ideas and exceptional environment that Aberystwyth represents and help us play a key role in building a thriving, enduring Aber experience.
Benefits for the mentor
- Knowledge that you have helped someone to grow in confidence and self-esteem
- Satisfaction that you have given a student or recent graduate increased knowledge, skills and experience in attaining their career goals
- A chance to develop a new skill for your CV
- An opportunity to reflect on your own experiences from a new perspective and to learn from those about to enter into employment
- An understanding of the challenges and expectations of students coming into the workplace
- A heightened sense of value and contribution to the graduate ‘talent pool’
- An opportunity to increase networks and contacts outside of the current workplace environment
For more information please see the following leaflets or contact the Careers Service at Aberystwyth University.