Aberystwyth University Fundraising Complaints Procedure
Aberystwyth University is committed to responding to all complaints to the satisfaction of the donor and the University in line with our commitment to donor care and the obligations of our registration with the Fundraising Regulator. The Fundraising Regulator is the independent regulator of charitable fundraising in the UK, to set and promote the standards for fundraising practice in consultation with the public, fundraising stakeholders and legislators.
The University and the Development and Alumni Relations department recognises that the successful resolution of concerns or complaints is vital to our aspiration to be a learning organisation which is committed to continuous improvement and which places its supporters at the heart of what we do.
The Officer for Fundraising Complaints is the Director of Development and Alumni Relations
In the event of a fundraising complaint, the Complaints Officer will:
- Acknowledge the complaint in writing and refer the complainant to the Fundraising Promise on the website and confirm the immediate actions to be taken to investigate the complaint within 14 days.
- Investigate the complaint
- Notify the University’s Executive or other members of staff as required in line with the University’s complaints procedure
- Notify the complainant of the outcome of the investigation within 30 days of receiving the complaint.
- Notify the complainant that they can refer the complaint to the Fundraising Regulator within two months of the University issuing its final response.
- Log and record the complaint on the Development and Alumni Relations database
- Change and improve where necessary and feedback the impact of these improvements to the complainant
- Monitor, analyse, evaluate and learn from complaints through quarterly management reviews
- Report on complaints received and resolved within an annual report to the University’s Executive and Council