Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellowship Scheme
Improve your academic writing
A free, confidential service to help you improve your writing skills
Students of any discipline, at any level of study (from 1st year to postgraduate) – and staff – are welcome to book a session.
The Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellow is a professional, published author whose role is to help you strengthen your writing.
Sign up for a one-on-one tutorial to help you:
- Plan your study time
- Focus your reading for essay, dissertation or thesis writing
- Express your ideas more clearly
- Answer grammar and punctuation questions
- Discover reading to improve your writing and editing skills
- Increase your writing skills with the aim of improving your grades
- Improve any academic writing – essays, reports, theses, dissertations, book chapters
Sessions are for 50 minutes and will currently take place online.
Please note that RLF Writing Fellows do not undertake proofreading or EAP tuition.
- Consultations are available on Mondays and Tuesdays (days may be subject to change)
If you book a consultation but you are not able to make the appointment, please send an e-mail to cancel or rearrange at least 24 hours ahead of the appointed time.
The RLF Writing Fellow is sponsored by the Royal Literary Fund in London to work directly with students. The Writer is available from late September 2020 – mid-May 2021. No consultations are available outside those dates.