Microsoft Teams is a team collaboration system that is part of Office 365. It's really useful for communication, collaboration, planning and project development with colleagues across the university.
If you need Teams training, please self-enrol and complete online training on Blackboard:
- Go to the Web Services Staff Training section
- Click on 'Enrol' in the left menu (if you haven't already completed any Web Services training)
- Click on Teams Training in the left menu
- Watch the Online Training Videos
- Guided Tour of Teams (PDF)
- Online meetings with Teams (PDF)
- Successful Online Meetings (PDF)
- Language Support in Teams (PDF)
- Remote Desktop for Teams (PDF)
- Introduction to Microsoft Teams (PDF)
- Microsoft Teams training exercises (PDF)
Word / PowerPoint
- Guided Tour of Teams (DOCX)
- Online meetings with Teams (DOCX)
- Successful Online Meetings (DOCX)
- Language Support in Teams (DOCX)
- Remote Desktop for Teams (DOCX)
- Introduction to Microsoft Teams (PPT)
- Microsoft Teams training exercises (DOCX)
There are also FAQs about Teams available.
Online Meeting Backgrounds
It's possible to add your own meeting background image to Teams. Your image will need to be at least 1920 x 1080px and needs to be placed in a very specific location:
This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Users > [your username] > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Teams > Backgrounds > Uploads
Make sure you only use images that are owned by you or the university, or are copyright free.
Try it out:
If you'd like to use this rainbow background, right click on the image and choose 'save image as' from the menu that appears. Once you've saved it move it into the folder noted above. In your next online meeting you'll be able to select one of the default images, or this new one as your background image.