All University Halls of Residence have internet access via a wired ethernet network socket in every study bedroom as the primary internet connection, as well as via our wireless network (eduroam).
Access to the Student Network is available to registered users at Aberystwyth University.
Your use of the network
Network Access is provided in support of the academic aims of the University. While non-academic use is permitted as a privilege to our users, this has to comply with:
- JANET Acceptable Use Policy
- Information Services Regulations
- Information Services Guidelines on the use of the Aberystwyth University Network
You should familiarise yourself with what these contain.
Once connected to the Halls Network you will be able to access the central printers and electronic information resources from your room in halls.
Connecting your computer to the network
To connect your computer to the network you will need:
- to have an Aberystwyth University IT account
- a computer with a network card - wired or wireless
- a computer running Windows 10, Apple Mac OS X 10.11 or above, Linux with 802.1x supplicant
- an RJ45 network cable (for wired connections) - these are available to buy on campus Sales of Consumables
Help and Support
If you have problems connecting your computer to the Halls Network you can try our troubleshooting guides - wired or wireless