Welcome to Information Services (IS) - SCONUL Readers
Information Services provide IT and library services to registered users at Aberystwyth University, subject to Regulations and Guidelines.
To make use of our facilities you will need an Aberystwyth University IT account and an Aber Card*
*SCONUL Band R have reference use only but can have and IT account and Aber Card so they can Print, Scan, Copy and access the library
Your IT account gives you access to:
You will be able activate your University IT account online once your application for AU Sconul Readership has been processed and you will be emailed with instructions for doing this as soon as your account is ready.
Your Aber Card is used:
- for library borrowing, including the use of self-issue machines*
- to access the library (to enter and exit)
- for photocopying
- for printing from email
- for scanning to email
- to purchase food in University hospitality outlets
Once you have activated your IT account you can apply for your Aber Card online so it is ready for you when you arrive on campus
Wireless access for visitors from other academic institutions
- Aberystwyth University participates in the Janet Roaming Service.
- This means that visitors from other participating academic institutions can connect to their own institutions network via Aberystwyth University's eduroam wireless network while visiting our campus. You can check whether your institution participates in this service on the JANET Roaming Service website
- You should make arrangements to use this service with your home institution BEFORE coming to Aberystwyth University.
Access to electronic resources
SCONUL Readers are welcome to use our Walk-In Access to Electronic Resources terminal.
This gives SCONUL Readers access to a number of electronic resources, such as e-journals and databases, where licensing agreements allow. Owing to these licencing agreements, we are unable to offer SCONUL Readers full access to our online resources.