Welcome to Information Services (IS) - Associate Readers
Information Services provide IT and library services to registered users at Aberystwyth University, subject to Information Services Regulations, Policies and Guidelines.
To make use of our facilities you will need an Aberystwyth University IT account and an Aber Card.
Associate Readers do not have access to the full range of electronic resources available to students and staff.
Your IT account gives you access to:
You will be able activate your University IT account online once your application for Associate Readership has been processed and you will be emailed with instructions for doing this as soon as your account is ready.
Your Aber Card is used:
- for library borrowing, including the use of self-issue machines
- to access the library out of core hours (to enter and exit)
- for photocopying
- for printing from email
- for scanning to email
Once you have activated your IT account you should apply for your Aber Card online so that it is ready for you when you arrive on campus
All other visitors, conference and event attendees
- Aberystwyth University subscribes to The Cloud wireless service.
- Any visitor to campus can connect to The Cloud:
- Select the The Cloud from the list of available wireless networks.
- Once connected open your web browser and refresh the page.
- The Cloud's log in page will appear
- Select Get Online or register now
- Choose Free Cloud WiFi
- If you have registered to use The Cloud previously please enter your email address and password
- If you haven't registered to use The Cloud before click on Create an Account
- Once logged in you can access the internet.
- You can find help with using this service on The Cloud's FAQ pages
- This service is available throughout all University teaching and administrative buildings, but not in halls of residence.