11.18 Tuition Fees
1. Fees for all postgraduate and distance learning courses are agreed by the University's Executive, following recommendations made by the Aberystwyth University Fees and Scholarships Group. In addition, major fees require approval by the University’s Resources and Performance Committee (PRC). Unless stated otherwise, tuition fees are payable on an annual basis and are subject to an annual review. Please see www.aber.ac.uk/en/postgrad/funding-fees/all-fees/ for a full list of tuition fees.
2. Programme Fees charged for Postgraduate Taught courses (both ‘Home’ and ‘International students), will not be subject to an annual inflation linked increase. This means that the Programme Fee charged in year one will remain at the same level for each of the subsequent years of the programme of study (where applicable).
3. Programme Fees charged to ‘Home’ Students for Postgraduate Research courses will be subject to an annual inflation linked increase as determined by the University.
4. Programme Fees charged to ‘International’ Students for Postgraduate Research courses will not be subject to an annual inflation linked increase. This means that the Programme Fee charged in year one will remain at the same level for each of the subsequent years of the programme of study (where applicable).
5. Programme Fees charged for distance learning courses will be subject to annual inflation linked increases as determined by the University.
6. An applicant's fee status (whether they are classified as being in the ‘Home’ or ‘International’ category) is determined by Postgraduate Admissions staff in accordance with UKCISA guidelines. Where the fee status is not clear from the submitted application form, further information will be sought from the applicant.
7. Information regarding the different payment options for tuition fees can be found at: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/study-with-us/fees/student-fees/how-to-pay/
International applicants for postgraduate taught and postgraduate research programmes are required to pay a non-refundable deposit in order to confirm their place, or provide evidence of sponsorship to cover tuition fees.
Distance learning courses are subject to a registration fee which must be paid when an applicant confirms their acceptance of their place on the course. Following this, distance learning students may opt to pay course fees either per year or per module.