1. This section provides a set of guidance notes for all those involved in postgraduate selection. It outlines policies relating to postgraduate selection as well as procedures for dealing with applications. This section is also a reference point for applicants.
2. The AQH section will be reviewed at the end of each postgraduate admissions cycle and updated to reflect policy and/or procedural developments.
3. The Postgraduate Admissions Office is part of the Academic Registry and is located on the first floor of the Cledwyn Building.
Postgraduate Admissions Office, Academic Registry
Generic contact details:
Tel: 01970 622023
4. The Postgraduate Admissions Office is open 9am – 5pm Monday-Thursday and 9am – 4pm on Friday (excluding public holidays and university closed days). Enquiries can be made in person, over the phone or via email. The office does not have dedicated social media platforms.
5. The Postgraduate Admissions Office processes applications for postgraduate study (including distance learning and PGCE).
6. The Postgraduate Admissions Office also develops and maintains benchmarking for the comparison of international qualifications, and procedures for verifying the qualifications and fee status of applicants.
7. The focus of the Postgraduate Admissions Office is with postgraduate applicants, and specifically with the admissions process. Enquiries relating to course content, reading lists etc. should be directed to the relevant academic department, who are best placed to respond. More specific enquiries relating to research projects and proposals should be directed to departmental research leads or potential supervisors.