University printing/photocopying/scanning service now fully restored
The printing and photocopying service has been restored following essential maintenance work Tuesday 19th Sept am. Please report any issues to email@example.com / 01970 62 2400.Thank you for your patience.
Library Action Plans 2022-2023
Our Library Action Plans 2022-2023 for each faculty have now been published.
Our colourful and informative plans:
- present key developments in our services and provision of library resources in 2022-23
- detail library resource usage (books, journals, digitisations, document supply) over the past academic year by faculty departments
- analyse use of reading lists within and by departments
- outline research outputs by faculty departments
- highlight how we use benchmarking, budgets, and feedback from faculty departments to support teaching and learning
- clarify subject level library support including how to contact your subject librarian
- summarise what you can expect from the Library in 2023-2024
Information Services achieves Cyber Essentials certification following assessment in June 2023
Cyber Essentials (CE) is a UK Government information assurance scheme operated by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC). It encourages organisations to adopt good practice in information security and includes both assurance frameworks and a simple set of security controls to protect against online threats. This certification demonstrates Information Services' dedication to ensuring the highest level of security for its systems and networks it manages.
The accreditation is important to the University. CE is an essential requirement for most Government contracts including research and other services provided by the University and supports research funding applications.
The scope of the current certification is the University’s Information Services department. All staff within the department are now accredited for compliance with Cyber Essentials as of 29th June 2023. The hard work and commitment of all IT support staff to achieve this is very much appreciated.
The Information Services Cyber Essentials certificate is available to download here and our status can be found via the IASME Cyber Essentials Certificate Search We are actively working towards wider compliance across the University as well as continual improvements to be able to re-certify for CE for Information Services in June 2024.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org