11.12 Offer Making
1. The decision to issue offer(s) for any course will be dependent on the admissions criteria defined for the course(s) applied for.
2. The Postgraduate Admissions Office aims to process applications as follows*:
- standard postgraduate taught applications within two working weeks of receiving the full and complete application.
- postgraduate research and non-standard applications which are required to be sent to academic departments may require a longer turnaround.
- where a pool of eligible candidates is required for a project studentship or a studentship competition, turnaround times may also be affected.
- the processing of International applications which are incomplete or missing evidence may extend beyond the typical turnaround times.
- it is a requirement that decisions on PGCE applications are made within 40 working days. Shortlisted applicants must attend an interview as part of the selection process which is included within this 40 working day period.
*subject to the volume of applications received at peak processing times.
3. All postgraduate applicant decisions will be processed by the Postgraduate Admissions Office. These will communicated to applicants in writing by email attachment. In addition, PGCE applicants will be able to view the outcome of their application via the UCAS website.
4. Applicants who are made an offer for a place to study will receive an offer letter which will outline any academic conditions required for admission (including English language requirements), any outstanding documentation required, along with the steps needed in order to complete the admissions process.