Sports Centre Induction
Please familiarise yourself with the new Sports Centre virtual induction before your visit by clicking on the link below:
General Sports Centre Information
There will be a number of changes to your experience when visiting the Sports Centre due to COVID-19 restrictions. These changes have been made with the interest of you the customer in mind.
You will need to wear a face-covering inside the Sports Centre whenever you aren't exercising unless you have an exemption. To support this, we can provide you with a face covering.
The World Health Organisation does not recommend that you wear a face-covering during exercise, which we support through an exemption in our guidelines for the use of face coverings.
Planning your visit
- The Sports Centre will re-open its doors from the 4th May 2021 to members only – If you are a new customer to activate your membership please click on the following link:
- As a member, you will need to book your activity before your arrival at the Sports Centre, you are not able to turn up without a booking, and casual access and walk-ups as non-members are no longer possible.
- , or by telephone – please call 01970 622280.
- We have limited capacity and strict start and finishing times to give staff enough time to ensure the facility is clean before the next booking slot.
- You will only be able to book 1 session per individual per day until restrictions are lifted.
- To help us manage access and reduce queues we have staggered start times for sessions, and we ask that customers arrive at the Sports Centre at the time allocated by the booking system.
- Gym slots will start on the hour, pool session slots will start 15 minutes past the hour, and exercise classes will start on the half-hour, with each slot lasting 50 minutes in duration.
- Please arrive ready for the activity you have booked, if this is swimming please have swimwear under your clothing.
- We advise you to limit the number of personal belongings you bring with you as changing rooms will not be available for gym and exercise class users, and lockers will not be available throughout the centre
- Please do not attend our sites if you have symptoms or feel unwell in any way.
Arriving at the Sports Centre
- Please only arrive at the Sports Centre at the time allocated by the booking system, and we please ask you to arrive on time.
- A queuing system will be in place at the entrance to limit numbers in and around the reception and to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Customers are asked to sanitise their hands with the sanitiser provided before entering the building and at regular intervals during your visit.
- You must bring your membership cards, and you will be required to swipe your card at the reception prior to entering the facility.
- Our staff will direct you to your booked activity area or you can follow the floor marking footprints via the one-way system. Some fitness sessions will have changed location, please check the location of your activity when booking.
- Customers will be encouraged to bring pre-filled water bottles to exercise and if they require re-filling, the water machines are available.
- All the toilets within the facilities will operate on a 1 in 1 out policy with only one person inside the room at any given time.