Miss Helen Thomas BMus (Hons), MSc
Helen joined the Planning Office in October 2020 having previously worked in the University’s Finance Department for over 23 years, where she was responsible for the University's fee and commercial income collection and Student Finance processes.
The overall focus of her role in Planning is analysing and interpreting data extracted from internal and external sources to support the Head of Planning, the Planning Team, Senior Management and Academic and Professional Service Departments with strategic planning objectives.
Her main responsibilities include:
- Delivery of statutory returns to HESA in relation to Student and course records; including Aggregate Offshore, Unistats and Provider Profile.
- Validation and production of HEFCW statutory returns for funding and monitoring purposes; including End of Year Monitoring (EYM), Higher Education Students Early Statistics Survey (HESES)and Postgraduate Master’s Incentivisation Scheme.
- Providing support to the Head of Planning in relation to the production of Key Performance Indicator reports to monitor the University’s performance and targets.
- Providing data analysis, management information and support for scheduled and ad hoc data requests received from Senior Management and Academic and Professional Services departments.
- Develop and maintain PowerBI dashboards to provide visual reports and trend analysis.
- Support the HESA Data Futures project.
- Providing statistical responses to Freedom of Information Requests.