Latest updates on IT and Library services
The Hugh Owen Library and IT and Library services detailed below remain open and available.
IT and Library Service Desk
Access to Library Resources during COVID restrictions
- The Hugh Owen and Physical Sciences Libraries are open and users can browse the shelves and borrow items.
- FAQ “How can I access library resources during COVID?”
- Many of our resources are available online and where they are not, a number of new, temporary library services have been introduced to support students and staff during this time.
- Please check the Primo – the library catalogue for online resources in the first instance.
- Your subject librarian can help you find resources.
Subject support and library & information skills
- For support looking for library resources and making the most of our online collections in your specific subject, please contact your subject librarian. Either email email@example.com book an appointment via Microsoft Teams or Skype at https://libcal.aber.ac.uk
- Online reading lists
- LibGuides: find recommended resources for your subject as well as who to ask for help if you get stuck.
Library Study Spaces
- Levels E and F and the Iris de Freitas Room in the Hugh Owen Library offer a range of study spaces which don't need to be pre-booked.
- Individual and group study rooms in the Library and in the Iris de Freitas Room must be booked in advance *****link here
- The Physical Sciences Library provides a variety of study spaces available to all, and does not need pre-booking.
- Please remember to bring your Aber Card to access all the library study spaces
Returning your library books and IT equipment
Postal loans for library books
Borrowing books with Click and Collect
Chapter digitisation service
Printing and copying
If it isn’t possible to get your More Books request as an e-book, we can now try to order it in print, although please bear in mind that with the present circumstances it may take several weeks before the book is available for collection.
Document Supply service from the library
- Our Document Supply Service is operating as normal.
- If you need a book, article or chapter that we don’t have in Aberystwyth, you can request it using the “Document Supply” button in Primo – the library catalogue. You will be emailed when your item is ready with information on how to collect your requested items.
Virtual IT and Library induction for new and returning students
- A useful guide to IT and Library services and tools for studying including Blackboard, student record, ap Aber and printing/photocopying/scanning.
- As well as support on using your reading lists, finding and accessing online resources and borrowing books from the library.
- Where can I collect my Aber Card
Keep up to date with Library and IT services
- Where do I collect my Aber Card?
- In preparing for a return to campus, please remember that you will need your Aber Card to access buildings, study spaces and to access many services.
- If you have lost your Aber Card, you can order a replacement card
- A reminder that you need to revalidate your Aber Card (staff and students) if you haven’t been on campus for a while