More Books (Students Only)
[Monday 14th September] Due to COVID-19 we have removed the limit of ten requests a year per student, and we will purchase all requests for More Books in e-book format where possible. If an e-book isn't available, we can now try to order it in print, although please bear in mind that with the present circumstances it may take several weeks before the book is available for collection. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
1. First check the Primo library catalogue at primo.aber.ac.uk
Can't find the book you want?
2. If you can’t find the book you’re looking for, you can place a request via the online order form. Please be aware, though, that a book can take between ten days and six weeks from order to its availability on the library shelves, depending on availability from our supplier.
3. If the book you have requested costs less than £50.00 and there are no other copies in stock your order will be placed with our supplier within three working days.
- Requests for a book costing more than £50.00, or where there are other copies in stock, will be passed to Academic Services Librarians for purchase approval.
- If your order is approved it will be placed with our supplier within five working days of receipt.
- You will be notified if we are unable to approve your order and the reason will be given.
- To ensure that we offer the More Books scheme fairly, a limit of ten books per student has been applied.
4. If you want to buy a book for yourself rather than for Library stock, the University has a bookshop in the Arts Centre (next to the Cinema) that offers 10% student discount. If they don’t have the book you want they will happily order a copy.