The Clearing process explained
If you think you’ve done better or worse than predicted, start researching alternative courses now so you’re ready for Clearing and Adjustment.
UCAS Track is available from 15:00 on your results day, this is when you can offically apply for your course through clearing. However, we are open from 08:00 on results to discuss your options.
- As expected: If your place has been confirmed by a university, you won’t be in Clearing.
- Better than expected: You could use the Adjustment process to choose a different course.
- Not as expected or holding no offers: Time to enter Clearing.
- Go to www.ucas.com and check ‘UCAS Track.’ If you aren’t holding any offers your clearing number will be displayed there.
- UCAS will update the list of courses that still have places available. You don’t have to stick with your original choice of subject.
- Prepare to talk to universities. Most universities set up dedicated Clearing hotlines from the morning of results day. You’ll need your results, UCAS Personal ID, the course you would like to study, your email address and a pen and paper to hand.
- You’ll be able to add your Clearing choice on UCAS Track from 15:00 on the 10 August 2021.
- Think about visiting your chosen university
- Don’t forget to organise student finance and accommodation.
Courses by Subject
- Accounting and Finance
- Animal & Aquatic Sciences
- Art & Photography
- Biochemistry & Genetics
- Business and Management
- Computer Science
- Drama & Theatre
- Ecological Sciences
- Education & Teaching
- Education and Childhood Studies
- English and Creative Writing
- Film & Television